Hear ye! Hear ye!
Exciting things are happening in the magical land of fairy tales!! Read on to find out about the First-Ever Fairy Tale Cook-Off! Find out how to cast your vote to help choose a winner. Find out out to get your name in a drawing for a chance to win one of five copies of A Cooked-Up Fairy Tale.
Win one of five copies!
Notice you can get your name in the drawing more than once!!!
Since William (of A Cooked-Up Fairy Tale) mistakenly turned fairy tale ingredients into delectable dishes and cooked up several new happily-ever-afters, the magical land of fairy tales has gone wild for cooking.
For weeks they binge-watched cooking shows and then decided to have a cooking competition of their own. They threw around some ideas and the First-Ever Fairy Tale Cook Off was born.
They named Goldilocks as judge since she has a very picky palate. The competition became very heated when the Big Bad Wolf gobbled Little Red Riding Hood’s dish right out of her picnic basket before Goldilocks had a chance to sample it.
Also, the witch from Hansel and Gretel built a gingerbread house that might’ve won the competition hands down had she not been trying to lure the competing chefs into her room-sized oven. When Goldilocks told her that she was disqualified, she became boiling mad and stomped off shouting, “I’ve been burned!”
Despite the trouble, Goldilocks was able to narrow it down to the three final chefs. Now it’s up to you to read about their entries and vote for your favorite chef by commenting below.
Not only will a First-Ever Fairy Tale Cook Off winner be named after the votes are tallied, but your vote will land your name in a drawing for one of five signed copies of A Cooked-Up Fairy Tale. Voting will end at midnight CST on November 30th so be sure to comment before then or your coach will turn into a pumpkin and . . . oh wait . . . that’s another story. **But if you don’t vote by then you won’t be a part of choosing the First-Ever Fairy Tale Cook Off winner. You know you want to be a part of this happily-ever-after!
Want your name in the pot two times? Then visit my page in the SCBWI BookStop and sign my guest book! Just click HERE to go my page. My guest book is right under my photo. While you’re there browse around. There are so many great books to view!
Want your name in the pot a third time? Share this on Twitter with one of the two prepared tweets below. I’ll be tracking hashtags. Just copy and post to Twitter! Easy Peasy!
Fairy Tale Cook-Off! Fairy Godmother vs Giant vs Little Pig! Plus 5-Book #GIVEAWAY! #SCBWIBookStop #fairytalecookoff http://wp.me/p22d5X-20T
Vote: Fairy Tale Cook-Off! Little Pig? Fairy Godmother? Giant? And 5-Book #GIVEAWAY #fairytalecookoff #SCBWIBookStop http://wp.me/p22d5X-20T
Now for the finalists of the First-Ever Fairy Tale Cook Off!
Little Pig’s entry was inspired by his house which was blown away!
Straw House Treats
- 18 oz white chocolate
- 3 cups pretzel sticks, broken into pieces (as if the Big Bad Wolf has blown down the stick house)
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1½ cup Craisins
- Place white chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted and smooth. (You can also melt chocolate in a double boiler.)
- Stir pretzel sticks, peanuts, and Craisins into chocolate.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Cool and enjoy!
Fairy Godmother has outdone herself and she didn’t even use a wand!
Pumpkin Patch Pudding
- 1 box Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 2 packages Oreos
- 1 package Green Sour Straws Candy
- 1 package Pumpkin Candies
- Make the pudding by following directions on the box (whisk together pudding mix and 3 cups cold milk).
- Use a food processor to crush the Oreos until smooth.
- Layer the Oreos and chocolate pudding in a clear cup. Oreos, pudding, Oreos, pudding, and top with Oreos.
- Top with a Green Sour Straw candy cut in half (the pumpkin vine) and three pumpkin candies.
- Serve with a spoon!
Giant came through in a BIG way with his entry!
Giantly Delicious Cloud Cake
- 9 oz. angel food cake (homemade or store bought)
- 1 ½ cups of Cook Whip
- 6 snack size Kit Kat bars, chopped
- Cocoa powder, optional
- Chocolate syrup
- Cut angel food cake in half horizontally
- Stir chopped Kit Kat pieces into Cook Whip
- Spread Cool Whip, Kit Kat mixture on bottom half of cake
- Lay top half of cake on top of mixture
- Dust with cocoa powder if desired
- Slice and serve with chocolate syrup drizzle
Now it’s your turn to vote and help pick the winner of the First-Ever Fairy Tale Cook Off! Leave your comment below with your choice—
- Little Pig
- Fairy Godmother
*****Remember Three Ways to Get Your Name in the Drawing For One of Five Copies of
A Cooked-Up Fairy Tale.
- Leave your choice of winner below.
- Leave a comment in my SCBWI BookStop guest book found right below my photo. Find that by clicking HERE.
- Tweet one of the prepared tweets below! Easy peasy!
I hope you’ll spread the news of the First-Ever Fairy Tale Cook Off far and wide! I think it should go viral, don’t you?
Thanks so much for coming by!!!