I write picture books and poetry for children. I taught school for 26 years before getting down to business with my writing career. My debut book, THERE WAS AN OLD DRAGON WHO SWALLOWED A KNIGHT, is coming from Random House Children’s August 2015. I am very happy to be represented by Tricia Lawrence of the Erin Murphy Literary Agency. I am a member of SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators). I have been known to hug my favorite picture books and seriously hope that someday my books will gain huggable status too.
Now a little fun!
Maybe one reason that I thoroughly enjoy writing for kids is that I thoroughly enjoyed being a kid.
I knew how to party!
I loved my sisters…
I wasn’t always cheerful.
I must have loved the smell of socks!
- As a child, I fell backwards from a two-story window.
- I can still stand on my head.
- I have been stung by a bee on the lip. Ouch!
- One day my sister was cutting my bangs and flippantly snapped the scissors in front of my face. She accidentally trimmed the tip of my nose that day as well as my bangs. Ouch again!
- My dad was my principal in school!
- I broke my arm in fourth grade while pretending that I was a Olympic ice skater.
- I love to trout fish. I love the whole experience, but digging the earthworms for bait may be my favorite part.
- When I was young, I wanted to live in a trampoline house.